Institute of Earth Sciences
Address: 16/1, Kulakova Ave. (Building 16), Stavropol, 355009, Russia
Tel: 8 (8652) 33-05-47
Fax: (8652) 94-67-86
Institute of Earth Sciences
Institute of Earth Sciences is the largest center in the North Caucasus spreading modern knowledge in areas like Geography, Geoinformatics, Environmental Science and Nature Management, Oil and Gas Engineering and Cadaster with training delivered by top experts coming from both Russian and foreign academic circles. Oil and Gas Engineering is delivered also in English. Currently the institute is actively developing academic mobility of teachers and students.
Our mission is to offer high-quality training supplying true experts to be further employed in the North Caucasus, nationally and internationally. Prepare specialists who would apply advanced knowledge to their respective professional spheres.
Our graduates find employment in the oil and gas industry, GIS technologies, consulting and design agencies, management authorities, as well as in organizations involved in designing and maintaining natural and cultural heritage, education and research.
Additional educational programs we can offer include
- Teacher of Geography;
- Cadaster Activities;
- Environmental Management and Audit;
- Environmental Safety in Hazardous Waste Management;
- Applied Geoinformation Technologies;
- Oil and Gas Engineering. Operation and Maintenance of Production Facilities of Oil, Gas, Gas Condensate and Subsurface Storage Facilities;
- Oil and gas Engineering. Drilling of Oil and Gas Wells;
- Basics of Technology for Production, Transport and Storage of Hydrocarbons, etc;
The Institute comprises 12 departments
- Department of Geology of Oil and Gas
- Department of Geophysical Methods of Prospecting and Exploration of Mineral Deposits
- Department of Cartography and Geoinformatics
- Department of Development and Operation of Oil and Gas Fields
- Department of Socio-Economic Geography
- Department of Construction of Oil and Gas Wells
- Department of Physical Geography and Cadasters
- Department of Ecology and Nature Management
- Basic Department of Economic and Mathematical Modeling and Management of Innovations in the Oil and Gas Sector
- Basic Department of Aerospace Monitoring and Geoinformation Modeling
- Basic Department of Maintenance of the Unified State Register of Real Estate
- Basic Department of Innovative Technologies in Tourism and Hospitality
Our foreign partners
Institute of Earth Sciences is proud to cooperate with many academic and research organizations not only in Russia and also abroad including schools like the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts (Switzerland), the University of Trento (Italy), the University of Ljubljana (Slovenia), the Silk Road International University of Tourism (Uzbekistan) and others.
Our students now enjoy every opportunity to undergo training abroad, and many of them have already expended their knowledge in Italy, Hungary, Slovenia and Slovakia.
Academic exchange implies specialists from Switzerland, Italy, France, Germany, and the United States invited regularly to deliver their lectures, both online and in person.
Acting Director, Doctor of Geographical Sciences, Head of Department of Socio-Economic Geography and Tourism
Tel: (8652) 94-62-11
Acting Deputy Director for Academic Activities, Candidate of Geographical Sciences, Associate Professor
Tel: (8652) 94-67-86
Acting Deputy Director for Student Activities, Candidate of Geographical Sciences, Associate Professor
Tel: 8 (8652) 33-02-85