Professional Development Programmes
Computer modeling in mechanical engineering
The mission of the supplementary educational program: improvement of the competencyframework focused on knowledge, ability and skills developmentto use the computer-aided design toolsto create engineeringdocumentation such as the software package AutoCAD and CAD (computer-aided design) system for 3d-modeling Autodesk Inventor.
The aim of the supplementary educational program:skills development to use the computer-aided design toolson processing graphic engineering data by the example of the software package AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventorthroughimprovement of the competencyframework necessary and sufficient for successful activity in the engineering field.
Objectives of the supplementary educational programimplementation:
- development of spatial representation and imaginationalong with constructive and geometric thinking;
- development of knowledge and skills necessary to process and interpretengineering documentation;
- obtaining the theoretical basis on computer graphics tools, types of computer graphics, product life cycle, stages and methods of designing;
- mastering the integrated modern technologies on preparing design-engineering documents aimed at increasing the efficiency of production preparation and shortening the design stage;
- mastering the methodology of 3d-models creation;
- improving the range of professional competencies in the field of computer-aided designsystems;
- development of professional competencies oriented to provide professional activity in the most effective way in the field of design and experimental projects.
The program content
Interface of the computer-aided designsystems. Modeling of prismatic details. Modeling of rotation solids. The use of variablefunctions in the modeling process. The use of complex variable functions in the modeling process. Modeling with curved sections. Modeling with variable cross-sections. Approaches to the modeling. Parametric parts and elements.Guidelines for working with the models comprising several parts. 3d-printing. Guidelines forthe use of additive technologies inmodern mechanical engineering. Details drawing. Assembly unitsdrawing.
Material and technical support
- Autodesk Inventor Professional 2018
- Autodesk Inventor HSM Ultimate 2018
- Autodesk Autocad 2018
- 3D-prototyping laboratory
- 3D Printer Picaso Designer Pro 250.
- 3D milling machine with CNC (computer numerical control)ROLAND-MDX-40A
- 3D milling machine with CNC (computer numerical control)ROLAND-MDX-540
Computer-aided design of electronic devices
72 hours, overall course duration – 4 weeks-28 days
Aim: introduction to core objectives, principles and trends ofmodern CAD (computer-aided design) systems development and their possible application to solve the tasks in the process of electronic devices design, obtaining theoretical and practical knowledge, ability and skills in the field of printed circuit boards design as part of radio electronic equipment and 3d design and modelling of radioelectronic elements, units and equipment as a whole.
Thecourseconditionallycanbedividedintothreeparts: general design principless, the use of CAD Altium Designer for printed circuit boards design, the use of CAD SolidWorks for radio electronic equipment design and construction. Thefollowingtopicsareexpectedtobetrained on and mastered practically:
- Systematic approach to design.
- CADsystems functional division and characteristics.
- Introduction toAltium Designer.
- Component libraries in Altium Designer.
- Configuration setting for graphics editors in Altium Designer. Electrical circuitcreation and editing.
- Printed circuit boards design in Altium Designer.
- Tracerouting of printed writing in Altium Designer.
- Basic concepts and the structure of a document in the program SolidWorks. Basic principles of work inthe program SolidWorks.
- SolidWorks toolbars. Sketch work in the program SolidWorks.
- Elements and assemblies in the program SolidWorks – primitive 3d objects and operations.
The form of final certification – to prepare a project on construction and development of documentation for an electronic device.
Organization of electricity and power metering in the electric networks
Electric quantities metering. Metrological support.Basic principles of electronics applied to metering devices. Software basis applied to metering devices.
Electricity metering. Electricity meters. Automated information systems of electricity metering. Structure of metering standards. Electricity and power market in Russia and foreign countries. Prepaid metering systems.
Communication channels in information and metering systems. LPWAN networks.Exchange protocols in information and metering systems.
Protocol (DLMS/COSEM). Centers of commercial metering of electricity. Quality of electricity. Business loss.
Electromagnetic compatibility.Pulse overvoltage.Protection and securityof devicesoperation.
Complex metering of energy resources. Related andmetering systems. Smart City – Automated systems ofoutdoor lightingcontrol.
Electric transport and metering characteristics.
Energy efficiency and energy saving.
Renewable energy sources, microgrids and decentralized electricity supply. Information security.
Duration of the training: from 72 to 144 hours.
Theoretical basis of calculations of mechanisms and machines
Developed by: prof. Kopchenkov V.G. prof. Chebotarev E.A., Assoc. Shpak M.A.
- Theory of mechanisms and machines
Methods of kinematic and strength analysis and synthesis of leverage mechanisms are examined. Kinematic analysis and synthesis of gearsl and epicycle gearmechanisms.
- Strength of materials.
Calculationsof strength and deformation of parts and constructions when stretched, compressed, bent, twisted and loaded as well (compound bending, stretched bending, a bend with stretching, eccentric loading). Stability calculations. Strength at the cyclic loading.
- Machine parts.
Basis of mechanisms engineering. Strength calculations of various types of assemblies of machine parts and mechanisms (welded, threaded, pressing, splined). Calculations of mechanical transmissions (gear, belt, screw, worm) of shafts and axles; rolling and sliding bearings; sealing devices; parts assemblies; clutches of mechanical drives; mechanisms body parts.
- Metrology and standardization.
Measuring equipment. Designprinciples of equipmentfor technical measuring and control. Choiceofequipmentfor measuring and control. Methods of measuring and its error. Universal equipment for technical measuring. Automationof processes of measuring and control. Certification of measuring equipment.
System of limits and fits. Limit deviations.