Font size Color scheme Images
The version for visually impaired Site map

NCFU Student’s Project Stands Out Again

Ivan Samokhvalov (NCFU) has advanced to the final of the VOLUNTEER OF RUSSIA-2020 contest, while his project has own positive feedback from the expert Jury.

The Russian national contest VOLUNTEER OF RUSSIA-2020 is aimed at offering support to the best volunteer initiatives and projects.

proekt-studenta-skfu-v-finale-konkursa-dobrovolec-rossii-2020-ncfu.ru-02

The contest itself includes several stages, which imply both doing tasks and developing a special project. This year the projects were presented online, where the best ones, including Ivan’s project have been put for public vote.

The project in question involves an idea of holding a Festival – Tom Sawyer Fest – all over the North Caucasus, thus helping restore historical buildings.

proekt-studenta-skfu-v-finale-konkursa-dobrovolec-rossii-2020-ncfu.ru-03

– This is extremely relevant, – Ivan Samokhvalov noted. – While saving such buildings for future generations we are saving the history of our city. Unless we do it now, we will lose an important part of our historical heritage.

The public vote is over now, with Ivan’s project ranked the 6th in the category AROUND ME. These outcomes will account for 30% of the total project rating, the remaining 70% coming from federal experts. The winners are to be announced by the end of November, and the award ceremony is to be held on December 5 in Moscow, provided the pandemic does not stand in its way.